Katie and Tally are joined by Chris Gordon from Russian Machine Never Breaks to talk about the various ways that hockey players (specifically the Caps) fail at life and hockey.
Topics from Episode 014 (in no particular order):
-Hockey players are dumb
-Everything you ever wanted to know about Air Bud but were afraid to ask
-Press box food and the important difference between Fruit by the Foot and Fruit Roll Ups
-Katie’s mom is a Jay Beagle fangirl
–Flipper the flip phone
-Cars and the psyche of Prius drivers
-The importance of shirseys
-Western conference points vs Eastern conference points
-Canadians can’t spell
-Droids vs iPhones
It’s the dawn of a new era for Girls Just Wanna Have Puck when Katie Brown officially takes over as Tally’s new co-host. We miss you, Lexi. You will always live on in the immortal “Patrick Sharp’s face vs Phil Kessel’s face debate.” #NeverForget
Topics from Episode 013 (in no particular order):
-Tally defends Andrew Ladd. Really.
-Why Penguins fans need to count their blessings
-Footless Sabres fans
-The unmatched stench of a locker room
-It’s been a month, so we cover some old news. Deal with it
-In case you missed it, Tim Thomas didn’t pump Luongo’s tires in 2011
-Just how confusing *is* the new NHL playoff format? To us, very
-Bad times to take vacations
-Losing a team is the ultimate trump card. Tally plays it often
Tally gets Jeff Marek all to herself while Lexi troubleshoots her computer and resets her router. Lexi suspects foul play…
Topics from Episode 012, in no particular order:
– Lexi talks to Jeff about Phil Kessel, because she can NEVER EVER go an entire episode without talking about Phil Kessel
– Tally and Jeff dish about the Olympics and salsa
– Tally and Jeff talk about [cut out due to technical difficulties]
– Robot Lexi rages and takes over the podcast, apologies in advance
– Lexi and Jeff bond over scotch
– Tally and Lexi prevent Jeff Marek from making jambalaya
– USA Women’s Hockey didn’t win silver, they lost gold *sobbing*
– The future of the NHL and the Olympics
– Olli Määttä… Am I right?! Yes, Lexi, you’re right *eyeroll*
– Bobby Ryan, still not good enough, so shut up about him
– Lexi gets crap from Jeff about not watching the Big Lebowski
– Jeff tries to help heal the Atlanta Thrashers scar for Tally
Is Phil Kessel hotter than Patrick Sharp?
01 – Phil Kessel
10 – Patrick Sharp
Tally and Lexi spend some quality time with Harrison Mooney and Katie Brown, not at the same time…
Topics from Episode 011, in no particular order:
– Mooney makes the case for why you should dig the Canucks, not a good case, but a case nonetheless
– Katie and Lexi GET INTO IT over Chris Kunitz
– Tally, Katie and Lexi rant about being female hockey fan
– Lexi and Mooney get into it over Phil Kessel
– Tally makes some bold predictions about the Flyers
– Lexi doesn’t want Tally to be happy
– Mooney takes Tally and Lexi behind the curtain of the magical world of his parody
– Lexi is obsessed about the impending Ryan Miller trade, and talk about it ad nauseam with Katie and Tally
Tally, Lexi try to talk about the Olympics, but get sidetracked because they can’t resist the temptation of taking a dump on the Oilers.
Topics from Episode 010, in no particular order:
– Lexi predicts that Ryan Miller will most likely get traded to, in this order: Minnesota, Nashville, NY Islanders or Columbus… maybe Detroit
– There are enough slices of Blame Cake for everyone in Edmonton to get a slice
– Listen to ThxBud, they’re on the iTunes
– Taylor Hall vs Sidney Crosby
– Lexi is a tad bit more excited for men’s hockey, versus women’s hockey
– If the 2010 Blackhawks played the 2013 Blackhawks, who would win?
– Tally wants to sleep, but we record a podcast anyway
– Lexi likes watching The Cutting Edge
– Tally likes watching Ice Princess
– Sending good thoughts and warm fuzzies to Kris Letang and Josh Harding… be well and healthy!
– Lexi really thinks Ryan Miller is going to Minnesota, she called it on 10:41pm on Sunday, February 9, 2014
Tally, Lexi get schooled on the Caps and girl stuff by Katie Brown.
Topics from Episode 009, in no particular order:
– Forget Team Russia, Sweden is going to win gold, Katie tells us why
– #HockeyHot is a thing, also we spend time discussing Handsome vs Hot… Corey Perry is neither, for the record
– The episode is two hours long, so you’re forewarned
– Lexi gets photobombed while at work, she needs a trauma blanket
– Katie gives her input on the Patrick Sharp vs Phil Kessel
– Beards + Hipster glasses = Hotness
– Tally and Lexi get into it over Gary Bettman and the Trashers, it was cleansing
– Tally talks about her outfit for a hockey outing
– Lexi is such a hipster
– Matt Hendricks is a good get Edmontonians!
– Lexi is over editing out all the errors, so it’s whatever
– Katie has a lot to say about the Caps, she’s kind of an expert
– Player rehabilitation is possible, Katie and Lexi go into the deets
Jesse Cohen, from All the Kings Men Podcast, drops 90s hockey references and Tally and Lexi don’t get them.
Topics from Episode 008, in no particular order:
– I know you’re expecting Katie Brown, but the technical difficulties were way too monstrous to overcome. Whatever, Jesse is here… you’re gonna love it!
– Why the Kings won’t make the playoffs
– What’s with Girls liking a bunch of teams? Jesse has a theory…
– Lexi has never read any of the Harry Potter Books, get over it (nor has she seen the movies)
– Bear Mace is better than regular mace
– The Beach Blanket Bingo that is the LA Outdoor game
– Lots of plugs for theroyalhalf.com kingsmenpodcast.com and stuff
– This just in, Tally loves the Habs (sorry Sarah)
– Jesse gets fancy with his stats and stuff
– Lexi knows she didn’t remember Rolston got fined for the John Scott business, but feel free to tweet at her anyway
So if you’re drinking while listening, we have new drinking game for this episode. Drink every time there’s something wonky with the audio, you’ll pass out by the end of it.
Topics from Episode 007, in no particular order:
– Revisiting teams Canada/Russia and USA
– Lexi is up late and it makes her cranky
– Sexy potatoes
– Why Chris Kunitz is not overrated
– Eliza elaborates on following hockey from across the pond and dating a boy that doesn’t like hockey
– There’s a long segment about musicals, either you’ll like it or you won’t – The J*ts got a new coach, Tally still hates them
– Don’t try new Lebanese restaurants without your sister or Yelping it first…
– No tears for Claude Giroux
Tally wants to marry Josh and Lexi wants to talk about it.
Topics from Episode 006, in no particular order:
– Josh Gold-Smith is a… wait for it… a Buffalo, yes a BUFFALO SABRES FAN
– Monogamy vs. Polygamy… in sports (not in, you know, life)
– Josh talks about helping people cheat on Game Show Friday
– Lexi has never seen Singin’ In the Rain and shan’t! Get over it
– Tally needs to talk to someone about Score, a Hockey Musical… it won’t be Lexi, so hit her up on the Twitter – Sports Know-it-alls… we’re on to you, so stop judging us!
– Tally gets waaaaay more marriage proposals than the rest of us, and she doesn’t appreciate them, so send them Josh’s way
– Lexi’s deal with Scott Hartnell… It’s not what you think, or it may be
– Want to know how to get a job in the business, that is the sports business, Josh tells you
We are Josh Gold-Smith fan girls, and after listening to this episode, it will be hard for you to resist proposing marriage yourself. So, you’ve been warned.
Tally and Lexi about hockey, then Lexi defects to Russia.
Topics from Episode 005, in no particular order:
– Lexi thinks Bobby Ryan needs to shut up, Tally thinks otherwise because, you know, she’s a human being
– Tally totally called the Bozell/Kozak love and other 24/7 items
– Boyfriends who like hockey vs. boyfriends that don’t
– The ladies tease upcoming guests… so, um, spoiler alert
– Looking back at 2013